Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Image courtesy of etsy.com
Me and my bookies just finished discussing this classic. We got talking about the classics and I was embarrassed at the list of classics I haven't read. So I was glad I could at least add this to my list. (Note to self: Read more classics, so you can act like you're educated and if necessary pompous.)
I enjoyed this read a lot more than I had originally intended. Loved the way Sherlock's mind works.
I have seen both movies before reading the book, or any of the sherlock books, which I never do. I am always the one to read the book then go to the movie, so I can be sure to leave the movie disappointed and then make everyone around me who didn't bother to read it feel stupid as I flood their minds with details the movie had to leave out. (Note to self: perhaps I have mastered the pompous attitude I was going to try to attain.)
In this case I liked having seen the movies ahead of time, that way I could imagine Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law as I was reading. There are worse images, I think you could agree. Anyway, this book gets my heartfelt recommendation, for whatever that's worth.

No comments :

Post a Comment