Saturday, March 16, 2013

Book Review: The Maze Runner

Me and my Book Clubbies got together the other night to chat about The Maze Runner by James Dashner. First, can I just say, I love book club. I look forward to it all month. Not to get all sentimental, oh wait, to get all sentimental, book club has enriched my life. I love the girls and I love that we actually discuss the book. Ladies, thanks for putting up with me. Wow, that was a lot of usage of the word love. Hope you got through it.
Now onto the book. Truthfully, I wasn't crazy about it. I thought it was a weak version of the Hunger Games. Some of the same Hunger Games concepts were used in this book. And, seeing as it was published about a year after the Hunger Games it left me thinking that the storyline was not so original. Also, the writing, I felt, was lacking. The heroine of the story was a 16 year old boy, and that is exactly the type of reader that would enjoy this book. If you have a teenage boy that you would want to be enthused about reading this book is for him.

Onto the next book...
photo credit

No comments :

Post a Comment