Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Downton Abbey

I came across a few discussions, on Blogher today about Downton Abbey. If you are a fan of the show they are worth browsing through.
One of my girlfriends mentioned she had been watching it, by our excited reaction you’d think Brad Pitt himself had walked into the room. Me and another friend lit up, gasped and said, “It’s so good.” At this point you would have thought we had just been grabbed Brad’s tush, but no, we were just talking about this charming PBS series.  
Downton Abbey is well into its second season, only I just discovered it. My mom had let me borrow the first season. She placed it on my counter, “You’ll like it.” It sat in that very spot for weeks, because I hadn’t had a moment to watch it. Then, low and behold, I heard it had won a Golden Globe, and that’s when I popped it in. Now, I’m addicted.
I love how the story highlights the servants, whereas, other British films I’ve seen don’t. You’ll be amazed with the costumes and the array of character, each with their own agenda. Actors include Maggie Smith, Elizabeth Mcgovern and Phyllis and Phyllis Logan to name a few.
I’ve just finished season one. They have been signed on for a third season. Way to go PBS.

4 comments :

  1. Oh Great! Just what I need. At least they're only in Season 2. When I finally discovered Gilmore Girls it was no longer on the air and I spent all my spare time and into the wee hours of the morning watching all 500 Seasons!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. You're going to love it. Don't say I didn't warn you.
      p.s. even more pathetic, I may have seen all 500 seasons of GG more than once. Oops.

      Delete
  2. Bravo PBS, Bravo!! I just finished the first season and I may have cried twice in the very last episode.....what?!? :) I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the first and my mom has the second she's going to lend me. We may need to do a Downton marathon.

      Delete