Friday, April 20, 2012

Good Intentions

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions consider me “Bob the Builder."

For example I had every intention on bringing you a fictional piece of writing today, to chip away at some long term goals, yet here I am writing about how I’m too exhausted to write.
Every week I set out to do more than I actually accomplish. The question is are my expectations unrealistic or am I just plain lazy. I’ll confess it may be the ladder. In the game of pregnancy I would say I’ve got it pretty easy. Almost no nausea and a baby that is growing as expected. So when people ask, “How are you feeling?” I usually reply, “Feeling great, can’t complain.” And that’s the truth, plus saying anything else feels a little ungrateful, but in raw honesty, I’m absolutely exhausted. I think I forgot about this part of pregnancy, Mason reminds me that, yes, I was this tired the last time. I’m finding it hard to keep up with Millly, and I’m getting glimpses of how much more tired I will feel when the baby is actually here. It makes me feel kind of bad for Milly, in a way. Does anyone else beat themselves up over this kind of stuff?
Anyway, here's to wishing you a restful weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment