Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Book Review: Girl Walks into a Bar

Image courtesy of google.com
I just finished reading this little gem. It was a good in- betweener to some of the more serious reads I have been tackling.
Rachel Dratch (you may know her as "Debbie Downer" from SNL) writes her biography with an honesty that is refreshing and the kind of self-deprecating humor that leaves you feeling like, perhaps you are more normal than you once presumed.
I did not think it was as funny as Tina Fey's but here's the thing: I will always do my part to support women in comedy. As if it's my own little feminist crusade.
She writes what it's like in Hollywood if you don't have a symmetrical face and shares some behind- the- scenes happenings of SNL.
I enjoyed Rachel's funny commentary highlighting her dating life. And related very much to her thoughts on new motherhood.
There was one part, where she gets a letter from her "baby daddy's" brother. He writes to Rachel about what a good father John will make and I may have cried. Oops, I'm crazy. Anyway, this book gets my recommendation, for whatever that's worth.

No comments :

Post a Comment