Monday, March 31, 2014

Skiing with Kids

Ski Day March 2014

I've always wanted to teach my kids to ski. Saturday we went up with both kids. Gulp.
Milly did wonderfully. After lunch she wanted to go back out. That's a victory in my mind.
As I sat there on the lift with daughter, just me and her. I was taking in the view of the snowy mountains while Milly was detailing all the shapes and colors on her skis. It was one of the most peaceful and satisfying moments I have spent with my daughter. I almost teared up right there on the lift thinking; I'm doing what I've always wanted to do. I'm Skiing with my kids. Furthermore my life is what I always wanted it to be. One of the things I love about being in the snow is how you get sun from the sky and the snow. It was a bright day in a myriad of ways. Milly I love being your mom.

No comments :

Post a Comment