Monday, May 19, 2014

Book Review: Goodnight Nobody

Oh I don't know I just keep coming back to Jennifer Weiner. With reading I like to fluctuate between heavy and light. You know kind of like monthly menses. I have to mix it. This was a light read. I do believe Jennifer writes the same character over and over agin. But you know what? I almost always relate to her main character. I get the characters insecurities and how the she makes fun of people in her head all the time.

The main character in this novel had lost herself in motherhood. She was having a bit of an identity crisis. Left her job, became a stay at home mom and found herself in a world unfamiliar and down right scary. She didn't fit in with the other suburban housewives.

When she finds her neighbor murdered she herself uncover the mystery, but drives herself nutty in the process. We learn that the real mystery was within herself. The book ends unresolved. I know some people HATE that, but I kind of life it. It allows the reader to make up their own mind, create their own ending. This was one of Jennifer's older books and I honestly think she's getting better with time. I've said this before and I'll say it again Jennifer Weiner gets me. Jenn, how about lunch? I just know we could be best friends.

2 comments :