Monday, February 11, 2013

Because He's a Dog Person

I saw this little puppy on pinterest Mason swooned and I smelled pee. It's one of our main arguments. To have a pet or to not have a pet? Growing up Mason had one pet after another. No, he's not one of those cat scratchers but other than that you name it and he has, at one point, cared for it.
He claims pets are good for kids, they teach responsibility, provide companionship. I say it sounds like a big mess. I like my carpet not stained, my shoes in one piece and the batting left in my cushions. I like grass without yellow stains and with two kids I deal with more than enough poop so shoveling it off my lawn doesn't exactly tempt me. When we discuss this topic Mason usually concludes, "Most people, well people with a heart anyway, really enjoy pets."

2 comments :

  1. I hear ya... I was always a dog person, as was my hubby, until we had kids and realized that potty training children was enough for us for now. I still believe we will have an outside dog at some point, but for now, we are NOT dog people and we are comfortable saying so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 100% with you on this one! My kids will never have pets. They'll live. :)

    ReplyDelete